Glassdoor publishes an annual list of the best places to work in the United States, according to employees. For 2019, the top ten businesses are as follows (ranked on a scale up to 5):
- Bain & Company (4.6)
- Zoom Video Communications (4.5)
- In-N-Out Burger (4.5)
- Procore Technologies (4.5)
- Boston Consulting Group (4.5)
- LinkedIn (4.5)
- Facebook (4.5)
- Google (4.4)
- Lululemon (4.4)
- Southwest Airlines (4.4)
These companies do vastly different things, from selling athletic apparel to cooking cheeseburgers to flying airline passengers around the country. But they have one thing in common: An incredible company culture.
KEY CULTURE TAKEAWAYS FROM THE TOP 10
We can learn a lot from the companies on this list. Here are a few things they all do, according to Glassdoor.
- Curate incredible teams. Most employee reviews of the top ten companies mentioned the talent and personalities of their coworkers as a huge benefit. Remember, the people you hire shape your culture through their everyday actions.
- Create and abide by a meaningful mission. When employees have something to believe in, they feel more motivated to work and understand their purpose in the organization.
- Encourage transparency. Many of the employee reviews cited transparency from management as a huge benefit, especially because it has a trickle-down effect into daily feedback between team members.
- Make employees feel valued. Through benefits like professional development programs and employee engagement activities, the best companies make their people feel excited and empowered to do quality work.
- Provide balance between work and play. “Work-life balance” is a huge selling point for many of the top-rated companies on the list. Whether it’s with ample vacation time, paid days for employees to volunteer, or discouraging working late into the evenings, employees appreciate a culture that allows them to have a life outside of work.
Take a few tips from these ten companies to make your culture more desirable for top talent.
TOP TALENT SEEKS OUT TOP COMPANIES
Perhaps your company culture is spectacular, but you’re still having trouble finding the best executive candidates for your job openings. An executive recruiter can help match you with the candidate you’re looking for. Contact us today.
Subscribe to receive our latest job listings, recruiting tips, successful placements, and other resources.