For any interview, preparation is key. And the most important step in interview preparation is practice.
Below, we’ve pulled 20 killer interview questions from a list originally published by Eta Lyons. Practice by saying your responses out loud, like you’re having a conversation with an interviewer. Think of specific, detailed examples to illustrate your points.
When you know you’re prepared to answer any question, you’ll tackle your next interview with confidence.
20 PRACTICE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS TO REHEARSE TODAY
- Tell me about a time when you were a member of a great team. What role did you play in making the team great?
- How do you handle a crisis? Describe one that you handled well.
- Tell me about a time when you were the leader of a team and the team disagreed with your decision. How did you handle it?
- Tell me about a time when someone told you that you had made an error. Describe how you reacted and what you said in your defense.
- What made you apply for this job?
- Tell me about a time when you were a team leader and had to mediate with members who disagreed with each other.
- Tell me about a project that did not go well.
- Describe a situation that was a great learning experience.
- What type of people do you like to work with?
- Describe a situation where you resolved a problem.
- What motivates you?
- In what areas would you like to develop further?
- What would you like to have done more of in your last job?
- Tell me about a time when you were creative in solving a problem.
- What makes you the best candidate?
- Tell me about a time when you had to handle conflict within your group.
- Describe an experience that you felt was rewarding.
- How do you make decisions?
- What book are you reading now?
- What are you most proud of?
The full list of questions from Eta Lyons is available here.
WANT TO SEE MORE RESOURCES LIKE THIS?
Subscribe to our blog today to get useful resources straight to your inbox once a month.